1. Sutton Valence Choral Society is a registered charity (no. 1119160) whose principal object is the public advancement of music through the presentation of public concerts and recitals. We hold data on three principal groups of individuals: Members of the Society; Friends of the Society and Performers - professional musicians who have been engaged to take part in the Society’s concerts either as soloists or as orchestral players.
2. The data we hold is limited to: names, email addresses, postal addresses, telephone numbers, details supplied for the purposes of claiming Gift Aid on subscriptions (Members only) and bank account details (Performers only). The data is held securely and only by appropriate members of the Committee or their nominees (for example a Voice Part Representative or the Librarian, should they not be Committee members).
3. We use the data to communicate to Members detailed domestic information such as rehearsal times and locations, concert arrangements, information about the collection of subscriptions, and information on any other events organised by the Society. We may also provide information relating to local musical events arranged by other organisations, and occasionally other local events in which members may be interested. Data about Friends of the Society is used to promote and market the Society’s activities to them. Performers’ data is used solely to offer participation in concerts and to communicate relevant information in respect of these concerts. The data we hold will not be shared with any other organisations except with the subjects’ explicit permission, or to comply with a statutory requirement (e.g. relating to Gift Aid).
4. Membership information is updated as necessary. If a Member does not renew their subscription or indicates that they no longer wish to be a Member, their data is promptly deleted from the Society’s records unless they consent to it being added to the list of Friends of the Society. Performers’ details are reviewed every two years.
5. Individuals may at any time request a copy of the data held in respect of them and this will be provided within four weeks of the date of the request. Individuals may likewise at any time request to be removed from the Society’s records and have their data deleted. Members may opt not to receive information on events not organised by the Society. Such requests, or any queries relating to Data Protection issues generally, may be made to any member of the Committee or to email@example.com.