1. Sutton Valence Choral Society is a registered charity (no. 1119160) whose principal object is the public advancement of music through the presentation of public concerts and recitals. We hold data on two principal groups of individuals: Members of the Society, and performers - professional musicians who have been engaged to take part in the Society’s concerts either as soloists or as orchestral players..
2. The data we hold is limited to email and postal addresses, telephone numbers and for Members, any other details supplied for the purposes of claiming Gift Aid on their subscriptions. The data is held securely and only by appropriate members of the Committee or their nominees (for example a Voice Part Representative or the Librarian should they not be Committee members).
3. We use the data to communicate to members detailed domestic information such as rehearsal times and locations and concert arrangements, and information on any other events organised by the Society. We may provide information relating to local musical events arranged by other organisations, and occasionally other local events in which members may be interested. Under no circumstances will the data we hold be shared with these or any other organisations, unless there is a statutory requirement (eg relating to Gift Aid). Performers’ data is used solely to offer participation in concerts and to communicate relevant information in respect of these concerts. This data will not be shared with other organisations except with the subjects’ explicit permission.
4. Membership information is updated annually, and the data for any members who do not renew their subscriptions will be deleted within one year of their subscription expiring. Performers’ details will be reviewed every two years.
5. Individuals may at any time request a copy of the data held in respect of them and this will be provided within four weeks of the date of the request. Performers may likewise request to be removed from the list and have their data deleted. Members may opt not to receive information on events not organised by the Society. Such requests, or any queries relating to Data Protection issues generally, may be made to any member of the Committee or to firstname.lastname@example.org.